Fri, 05 May|
Full Moon Cacao & Free Movement
a space to play and explore
Time & Location
05 May 2023, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Hastings, 208 Heretaunga Street East, Hastings 4122, New Zealand
About The Event
Join us in cicrle to connect with ourselves, our bodies, our unique expression.
Gathering in a safe space with the invitation to somatise and contemplate, to share and journal, to move and savour stillness, we will journey between inner and outer lovingly guided by the Cacao plant medicine and the energy of the full moon & moon eclipse.
*No previous experience in dance, movement or yoga required - all are welcome!
~WHEN & WHERE? 5th May, Friday, 6pm at The Yoga Space Hastings
~ HOW TO BOOK?~ Cost is $33 p.p.
Please get your ticket to reserve a space below. Tickets are limited to 10
Bring a journal, an open mind and heart, and perhaps a friend
Want to know More?...
~ FULL MOON & LUNAR ECLIPSE ~
Because the full Moon is considered the “energetic peak” of the month, it’s the perfect time to tap into its power and practice self-care. Whether it’s cleansing physically or emotionally (letting go of negative thoughts, patterns, behaviors, and even relationships), “manifesting with the Moon” as it’s called, is gaining in popularity as a way to promote taking care of yourself and better manage your daily stressors. You’ll often see rituals associated with nourishment, intuition, as well as exploration and creativity.
Eclispses are potent astrological times that have the power to uproot us, surprise us and nudge us to a new level of personal evolution or unfolding. Eclipses want us to grow! This particular eclipse is expected to launch us into the deepest vaults of our bodies, as well down to the core roots of our unique emotional, mental and spiritual bodies.
~WHAT IS A CACAO CEREMONY AND "CEREMONIAL" CACAO?
Since ancient times cacao has been used ceremonially to connect with Self and others. Cacao ceremonies are a coming together to open the heart, explore, express, heal and rejoice. Woven with various complementary practices, the ceremony is a time to express gratitude for the cacao spirit and allow for that spirit to blossom infinite possibilities within you.
The main difference between conventional cacao and ceremonial cacao is the quality of the beans. Ceremonial cacao is made from heirloom varieties and special attention is placed in each step of the process, prioritizing quality over mass production. The result is a very unique product that tastes amazing and is also incredibly nutritious.
The Cacao that will be used is a very special type that a cacao shaman selected carefully for its energetic qualities. It comes from Guatemala, the heartland of the Mayan people who have used it for millennia. We’ll learn about cacao’s origins, history, health benefits and energetic/spiritual qualities and get to experience pure cacao with new levels of awareness and appreciation.
~WHY IS CACAO A MEDICINAL PLANT?
Cacao has been used for centuries to promote mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
Here are some of the benefits people can experience by participating in a Cacao Ceremony:
1. HEART OPENING - Cacao can open the heart and allow you to connect with yourself in a deeper, more meaningful way.
2. MEDITATION - Cacao enables you to connect with your inner wisdom, thus supporting clarity and meditation. It allows you to focus more on the present moment and its remedying properties work on your body, mind and soul.
3. CREATIVITY - Cacao can help build a bridge to inspiration, creativity and new ideas. You’ll find new meaning and purpose begin to flow with ease.
4. MENTAL CLARITY - Cacao can help you find mental clarity and balance. You can be reminded of your talents, skills, creative ability and life purpose.
5. ENERGY - The Theobromine, a compound only found in Cacao, boosts energy and mental clarity.
6. PEACE - Cacao can lift the burdens of life and the stresses of the day from your shoulders. You will find yourself more in tune with your positive side and more able to face difficulties and hardship.
7. HEALING - The spirit of cacao is said to show you where your heart is blocked. It is a gentle teacher and does not force you into healing. It can lead you to a healthier lifestyle in body, mind and spirit. You will become aware of things that have been keeping you from living the life you love and receive strength in letting them go.
~WHY IS MOVEMENT HEALING? One of the best things one can do for their health and overall wellbeing is to move. To move freely you don't really need to know any special steps or movements, you don't need to follow anyone or to even "have a sense of rhythm". You can flow with an impulse that comes from within and is most natural. You can observe how children form a very early age recognise music and feel the urge to move. Allowing the body to move freely and following its inner voice and needs has many healing benefits, among which: - Giving People the Ability to Express Emotions - Stress Relief - Increased physical and Gross Motor Skills Development - Improved confidence and Self-esteem - Encourages Creativity and Imagination - An increased sense of vitality - An awakening and renewal of one's life energy ... and so much more Join us and explore the freedom to move like nobody's watching - because nobody will be!
Let Go Let Loose Cacao$33.00