Sun, 08 May|
Mother's Day Cacao & Yoga Ceremony - Napier
Time & Location
08 May 2022, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm NZST
Napier, 35 Hastings Street, Napier South, Napier 4110, New Zealand
About The Event
A beautiful way to celebrate Mother's day for all mothers, sons and daughters (for everyone).
Both the sacred cacao medicine and the practice of Yoga are paths to the heart. Radha from Heart Awakening brings cacao and yoga together to map a journey into the sweetness and warmth of the awakened heart.
WHEN & WHERE?~
8th May 2021, Sunday
10am-12.00pm at Yin Yoga Napier
~HOW TO BOOK~
Cost is $40 p.p. , $70 for two
Please get your ticket online from
The tradition of drinking ceremonial cacao has its origin in the ancient cultures of the Mayas and Aztecas in Central America. Cacao holds the vibrations of kindness, unconditional love, and joy, allowing a loving connection with yourself and others. Cacao's energy is healing, motherly and very gentle. Cacao speaks to the heart.
“Chocolate is a divine, celestial drink, the sweat of the stars, the vital seed, divine nectar, the drink of the gods, panacea and universal medicine.” – Geronimo Piperni
~ Why plant medicine? ~
Cacao is a powerful aphrodisiac, mood enhancer, an antioxidant that protects the heart, densely packed with nutrients and proven to be the most pharmacologically complex food in nature.
It can improve memory, reduce heart disease, shed fat, boost immunity, and create loads of energy.
Cacao contains the neurotransmitters and chemicals responsible for wellbeing, as well as anandamide, known as the bliss molecule that leaves us feeling euphoric, moderating pain perception, as well as assisting in regulating appetite and mood.
When high quality cacao beans are prepared for ceremony as they will be in this offering, all the mood enhancing neuro chemicals in cacao become particularly active. It increases blood flow and nutrition to the brain, heart and skin, and the whole body is nourished. People report heightened awareness, focus and intensified sensations.
~Gentle Yoga Practices~
With a mind and body energised by cacao, we will explore a couple of nourishing and gentle yoga practices to guide us into the infinite space of the heart.
The practice will consist of some delicious stretch, sound and poetry infused long relaxation + meditation and will be suitable for all ages and stages.
~ WHAT TO BRING/ HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE CEREMONY
- Water bottle - please come well hydrated, and continue to drink after the ceremony as cacao is diuretic
- Comfortable clothing
- Journal and pen if you’d like to capture your experience in that way
Before a cacao ceremony avoid:
- Coffee for at least 6 hours prior
- Mind-altering substances on the day of the ceremony - alcohol, THC, etc.
- Reduce the intake of dairy products on the day of the ceremony
- Avoid eating large amounts of food 2-3 hours prior to the ceremony (unless you have blood sugar issues and have a snack)
- Antidepressants - some medications interact with the MAO inhibitors in Cacao and that reaction can create side effects, such as headaches
- Food sensitivities - if you’re sensitive to fermented foods, Cacao will not be a good option for you
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding - there are no known contraindications, in fact, Cacao would likely support breastfeeding and nourishment of expecting mothers. So just tune into your own body and have a smaller dose, if needed
- Animals - keep Cacao away from any animals, including your pet friends as it contains natural compounds that are great for humans but deadly for animals
Experience: Every person’s experience in a ceremony is different and each ceremony will be different. Set the right intention and then let go - trust that Cacao will bring you the exact medicine needed for the moment.
Guided by Radha from Heart Awakening, an experienced 500h CYT yoga and meditation teacher and a ceremonial cacao practitioner. Radha was among the first people to bring cacao ceremonies to New Zealand.
She encountered the cacao plant in ceremonial context in 2012 while living in its native lands of Central America for several years. It was love at first sight and her relationship with the spirit of this super food grew as she learned how to prepare the rich cacao drink from the tree to the cup.
Having participated in various ceremonies facilitated by shamans, healers or friends in Mexico, Guatemala and Peru, Radha started facilitating ceremonies herself in 2014 in Europe. An experienced space holder being a Yoga Teacher and a retreat facilitator, she loves sharing her passion for community, authenticity and self-knowledge in combination with the cacao spirit.
Radha serves only best quality ceremonial cacao by chocolate shaman Keith Wilson.
Single pass$40.00Sold Out
Double pass$70.00Sold Out
This event is sold out