Hridaya Meditation Practice Group
Time & Location
About The Event
If you want to continue your meditation practice on a regular basis,
or to learn about meditation and have your first experiences in a supportive environment,
if you'd like to meet like-minded people and share a specia moment of silence,
then please come along, and join us on our weekly meditation get-togethers!
In this weekly practice group there will be time to learn and adapt, there will be readings/ satsang offered as well as time for discussion and meditation with guidance.
It is suitable both for beginners, aspiring to start a meditation practice, as well as for long-time practitioners wanting to enrich and refresh their experience.
And there are thousands of reasons to take this journey, among which meditation:
- Regulates blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behaviour
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
- Improves emotional stability
- Increases creativity, happiness, clarity and intuition
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by increasing focus and expands through relaxation
- and the list goes on...
But possibly the most amazing gift we receive in our time of meditation is the return back home, to the Heart, to the Silence that we essentially are.
Hridaya Meditation is a spiritual path in itself. It is a way of revealing our fundamental essence, the Supreme Self, or the “Spiritual Heart,” as it was called in many traditions.
From a technical point of view, it consists of 3 attitudes:
1) The awareness of the Heart Center (in the chest area)
2) The awareness of short pauses after inhalation and exhalation
3) Self-enquiry (asking the question “ Who am I?”)
Apart from these three attitudes, we will work with different techniques and approaches from various authentic spiritual traditions such as yoga, buddhism, sufism and more, building up the duration and the depth of meditation. Starting with mastering our mind and ending in the very essence, the Heart itself.
Hridaya makes it so easy to fall in Love with meditation as it brings us to the experience of our own Selves, in the Heart. It gradually removes the layers of conditioning, allowing our true nature to shine forth and brings us to a great discovery of Who we really are, to the ultimate freedom. This realization brings a joy and lightness to our days and enables us to discover a greater purpose, living with an open heart.
“Only from the Heart can you touch the sky” – Rumi
Offered on a drop-in basis.
$10 per class, unwaged - koha