Fri, 12 Jan|
EnVision Cacao Ceremony
New Moon & New Year intention setting circle with cacao and vision board crafting
Time & Location
12 Jan 2024, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Hastings, 208 Heretaunga Street East, Hastings 4122, New Zealand
About The Event
Start the new calendar year with the first new moon for 2024, with a cup of cacao, community, craft and a clear intention!
This first Heart Awakening Cacao Ceremony for 2024 will be a container for setting an Intention and Manifestating, connecting inwards and with others through Heart circle and Vision board making.
~WHEN & WHERE? 12th January, Friday, (new moon) 6pm at The Yoga Space, Hastings
~ HOW TO BOOK? Contribution of $40 per person, includes all materials
Please get your ticket on the website event
~ NEW YEAR & NEW MOON ~
The start of a new cycle, such as the new calendar year can be a great time to contemplate the ways we want to move forward and the things we want to create in our lives. It is a great time to plant seeds for manifestation.
~ VISION BOARDS ~
A vision board is a hand crafted collage of words and pictures that represent your goals and dreams.
By placing visual representations of your goals into one space, you can easily visualise them frequently. Remembering to look at them daily and imagine them as if they have already come true is one of the best ways to activate the Law of Attraction.
You'll be guided through the process of creating the Vision Board in several stages:
- The meaning and purpose of Intention + Why Cacao and Intention work well together
- Creativity and unleashing the creative potential
- Seeing/ recognising the Longing
- How to make and use a vision board from a broad perspective
... and more
~ CACAO CEREMONY ~
Since ancient times cacao has been used ceremonially to connect with Self and others. Cacao ceremonies are a coming together to open the heart, explore, express, heal and rejoice. Woven with various complementary practices, the ceremony is a time to express gratitude for the cacao spirit and allow for that spirit to blossom infinite possibilities within you.
The main difference between conventional cacao and ceremonial cacao is the quality of the beans. Ceremonial cacao is made from heirloom varieties and special attention is placed in each step of the process, prioritizing quality over mass production. The result is a very unique product that tastes amazing and is also incredibly nutritious.
The Cacao that will be used is a very special type that a cacao shaman selected carefully for its energetic qualities. It comes from Guatemala, the heartland of the Mayan people who have used it for millennia. We’ll learn about cacao’s origins, history, health benefits and energetic/spiritual qualities and get to experience pure cacao with new levels of awareness and appreciation.
~ WHAT TO BRING/ HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE CEREMONY
- Water bottle - please come well hydrated, and continue to drink after the ceremony as cacao is diuretic
- Comfortable clothing
- Journal and pen if you’d like to capture your experience in that way
Before a cacao ceremony avoid:
- Coffee for at least 6 hours prior
- Mind-altering substances on the day of the ceremony - alcohol, THC, etc.
- Reduce the intake of dairy products on the day of the ceremony
- Avoid eating large amounts of food 2-3 hours prior to the ceremony (unless you have blood sugar issues and have a snack)
Health precautions - there are no contraindications for the intake of cacao, yet a few things to consider or discuss prior to the ceremony:
- Antidepressants - some medications interact with the MAO inhibitors in Cacao and that reaction can create side effects, such as headaches
- Food sensitivities - if you’re sensitive to fermented foods, Cacao will not be a good option for you
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding - there are no known contraindications, in fact, Cacao would likely support breastfeeding and nourishment of expecting mothers. So just tune into your own body and have a smaller dose, if needed
- Animals - keep Cacao away from any animals, including your pet friends as it contains natural compounds that are great for humans but deadly for animals
Experience: Every person’s experience in a ceremony is different and each ceremony will be different. Set the right intention and then let go - trust that Cacao will bring you the exact medicine needed for the moment.
About the facilitator:
Radha was among the first people to bring cacao ceremonies to New Zealand. She encountered the cacao plant in ceremonial context in 2012 while living in its native lands of Central America for several years. It was love at first sight and her relationship with the spirit of this super food grew as she learned how to prepare the rich cacao drink from the tree to the cup. Having participated in various ceremonies facilitated by shamans, healers or friends in Mexico, Guatemala and Peru, Radha started facilitating ceremonies herself in 2014 in Europe. An experienced space holder being a yoga teacher and a retreat facilitator, she loves sharing her passion for community, authenticity and self-knowledge in combination with the cacao spirit. Radha serves only best quality ceremonial cacao by chocolate shaman Keith Wilson.
Cacao & Vision Boards$40.00