Cacao Facilitation Training
Time & Location
About The Event
Share the Love!
Follow your dream and become a certified Cacao Practitioner. Follow the calling of your Heart to share ceremonial cacao with your community and help spread the wisdom and healing coming from this work.
An in-depth, integrative training for Cacao practitioners in New Zealand, in which you'll be guided every step of the way.
By taking part in the Heart Awakening Cacao Facilitator Training, you will:
- take the rare opportunity for an in-person training and a fully embodied experience;
- become part of a diverse community of practitioners and a supportive tribe of people to bounce ideas of and co-create with;
- learn about Cacao as a medicinal plant - properties, mythology, history, mind-body-spirit benefits, full spectrum of use;
- learn from a person who has worked with it for over a decade, and has attained her experience over years working with shamans and practitioners from around the world;
- gain knowledge and experience on a personal level which you'd then be able to share;
- experience different ways to work and play with Ceremonial Cacao;
- explore creative ways to bring it into your own practice;
- understand ritual and ceremony and how to hold groups in sacred space;
- obtain facilitation skills for creating safe space, aligned with your authentic purpose;
- learn to think critically and engage with the reality of cultural appropriation and colonisation of ancient practices, helping you to find your own way of bringing this medicine to your community that feels authentic to you, your spiritual beleifs and your ancestry while honoring the anscestry and personal history of all those you are in community with;
- learn tools to hold space for a diverse group of people to be together in ritual, acknowledging trauma exists in our body and minds and communities in many complex ways;
- create an opportunity to grow in yourself and feel empowered;
- anchor your intentions as a facilitator;
- create an avenue for income and living in alignment with your deepest calling.
The training is open to people from all walks of life, cultural and ethnical background, spiritual and social beliefs and promotes radical love, radical acceptance and spiritual growth.
Even though we will share our personal preferences and experiences, we are not affiliated with any brand and do not promote any particular belief system.
The full practitioner training consists of 3 STEPS:
1. Attunement - preparatory phase through a participation in the 4 week Cacao Immersion Program with Radha from Heart Awakening; or through previous experience + supervised self-study and an interview with Radha
2. Deepening and Initiation - the certification 4 day in-person training in November
3. Skill Development and Integration - a follow-up process of establishing a practitioner’s practice and facilitating for each other (group exchanges)
Why the need for 3 steps training?
In this in-depth training we aim at providing the best possible preparation for every individual that undertakes it. It has been created in a time when the work with Cacao gains more and more popularity, and we are facing a particular paradigm of multiplying unprepared and unexperienced space holders. Hence, the need for a true commitment, which will allow for the work to sink in, be truly embodied and safe to share.
The in-person residential training consists of 5 days and 4 nights stay in a pristine environment, surrounded by nature. There will be daily cacao ceremonies (5 in total), 5+ hours of lectures, theory and exercises every day and morning yoga and mindfulness practice to balance body and mind.
Dates of in-person training: 10-14th November 2021
Location: cosy and private location on the shore of the Waihoanga river - "Riverslea retreat" (Kapiti coast)
All acommodation and meals are shared to facilitate community building and bonding.
To register, please send an email to email@example.com to schedule a pre-training interview with Radha to discuss your intentions and previous experience
! Spaces are limited !
Early bird price training with spaces booked before the 13th July - $1410
Early bird training and Cacao Immersion package - $1640
Regular price training thereafter - $1530
Regular price training + Cacao Immersion - $1760
Get in touch to discuss payment plans. Options for differed payments or scholarships
*** All prices include GST
**Scholarships: if you are intending to bring the medicine of cacao to diverse community groups or for charitable or not-for-profit purposes we may have scholarships available for you, please contact us.
The price includes:
- catering with 3 vegan meals per day
- 4 nights of shared accomodation
- Ceremonial Cacao for the weekend and 5 group ceremonies
- 1lb block of Keith’s Ceremonial Cacao to take home with you and start sharing with your community/ whanau
- all course materials and suggested reading
- a certificate upon completion
- group check-in call one month after the training and an ongoing email support
Price does not include travel to/from the training location
The training is held by Radha Iveta and Sarrah Jayne
Radha Iveta is a devoted cacao lover who's worked with cacao for close to 10 years. She is also among the first people to bring cacao ceremonies to New Zealand. Radha encountered Cacao served in ceremonial context while living in its native lands of Central America. It was love at first sight and her relationship with the spirit of this superfood grew as she learned how to prepare the drink from the tree to the cup. Radha has explored and participated in various ceremonies facilitated by shamans, healers and friends in Mexico, Guatemala and Peru, before she started facilitating ceremonies herself in 2014 in Europe. An experienced space holder being a yoga teacher and a retreat facilitator, she loves sharing her passion for community, authenticity and self-knowledge in combination with the cacao spirit.
Sarrah Jayne is an experienced facilitator and has worked as a yoga teacher and yoga therapist, a doula and a body worker and more recently as a community weaver. She has delved both into community and corporate business space and her passion is demystifying emotional intelligence, body centered practices and space holding in a way that is inclusive for people from all walks of life. Sarrah brings a critical lens to the social and cultural implications in sharing ancient practices in modern context. Sarrah is a dedicated cacao devotee and has attended Radha’s cacao immersion training as well as exploring her own research into bean to bar craft chocolate making and tasting. She believes that chocolate can be brought back to its medicinal and ceremonial roots to give us even deeper nourishment than a confectionary sugar hit. The cacao is calling us… how will we answer her call?