Tue, 06 Jun|
Cacao & Clay
a crafty collaboration with potter Britt Aberadi
Time & Location
06 Jun 2023, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Hastings, Hastings, New Zealand
About The Event
We are excited to offer a new collaboration, Cacao + Clay, to our community! Combining our slow-made rituals is a therapeutic opportunity to honour your mind, body, spirit connection in the warm and welcoming home studio of brittaberadiceramics.
Please join us for a special two-part workshop this Autumn.
*Two cacao ceremonies facilitated by Radha Iveta (split into two sessions)
*One hand-building pottery workshop making two ceremonial cups guided by Britt Aberadi.
*Sunday 21st May 3-5pm
New moon cacao ceremony and cup making workshop
*Tuesday 2nd June 7-8pm
Full moon cacao ceremony and finished cup pick-up.
95.00 per person. This includes both sessions.
Send us a DM or email email@example.com to book in.
Want to know More?...
~WHAT IS A CACAO CEREMONY AND "CEREMONIAL" CACAO?
Since ancient times cacao has been used ceremonially to connect with Self and others. Cacao ceremonies are a coming together to open the heart, explore, express, heal and rejoice.
Cacao has been used for centuries to promote mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
Here are some of the benefits people can experience by participating in a Cacao Ceremony:
1. HEART OPENING - Cacao can open the heart and allow one to connect with themselves in a deeper, more meaningful way.
2. MENTAL CLARITY & MEDITATION - Cacao enables one to connect with inner wisdom, thus supporting mental clarity and meditation. It allows one to focus more on the present moment and "in-joy" it.
3. CREATIVITY - Cacao can help build a bridge to inspiration, creativity and new ideas. One may find that new meaning and purpose begin to flow with ease.
4. ENERGY - The Theobromine, a compound only found in Cacao, boosts energy and mental clarity.
6. PEACE - Cacao can seem to lift the burdens of life and the stresses of the day from one's shoulders. That could enhance an attitude of lightheartedness and courage in the face of difficulties and hardship.
7. HEALING - Drinking cacao can lead to a healthier lifestyle in body, mind and spirit. The spirit of cacao is said to show one where the heart is blocked and give insight on a direction for growth and healing.
~ CLAY AS THERAPY ~
Within the realm of art therapy clay has been seen to reduce negative mood and anxiety, awaken creativity, foster socialization, and heal from trauma.
Here are some of the scientifically proven health benefits of making pottery
- Ceramic Making can Help to Relieve Stress.
- Making Ceramics can be a Natural Pain Killer.
- Making Pottery with Others can Increase Happiness.
- Pottery Making can Help to Increase Emotional Stability.
- and more...
~ MOON CYCLES ~
We've chosen to weave the moon cycle into the process of creation.
The New Moon is a powerful time to set an intention and to begin a project. This is the time when we will first gather and create.
Full Moon is considered the “energetic peak” of the month, as well as a time when gathering with others, exploration and creativity flow naturally. This is when we will gather to collect our finished product and share our journey with the group.